Three-minute oat risotto
While most of us think of oats as a vehicle for sweet toppings, I prefer to turn this thinking on its head and add a savoury spin.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 package unflavoured quick cook steel cut oats
- ¾ cup of water
- 2 tbsp frozen peas
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: garnish with more Parmesan and chopped parsley.
WHAT YOU DO:
- Empty the package of oatmeal into a microwave safe bowl and add ¾ cup of water (or add the amount of water the package directions indicate) frozen peas and half the butter. Cook for 2min.
- Remove bowl from microwave and stir in remaining butter, Parmesan and lemon juice. Taste for seasoning and add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with more cheese and parsley.
TIP: Feel free to add any leftover vegetables or protein to round out this dish. Roasted vegetables, chicken, beef or lamb would be great to top this dish.