Whether you have a backyard, balcony or just a window ledge, nothing says summer like a few freshly planted blooms or garden herbs to gaze at out your window. Sure, standard terracotta pots look sweet and charming, but adding a punch of colour and some personal flair will undoubtedly brighten up your space, however much you have.
What you need
- clay pot
- thin painter’s tape
- paint, in a variety of colours
What you do
- Using the painter’s tape, outline the design on the pot.
- Carefully paint each taped section with a different colour (note: you may need more than one coat of paint, especially for lighter colours).
- Let the paint dry, then slowly peel off the tape.
- Add your plants to the pots and voilà! You’re done!