If you’re looking for a creative use for an old teacup, look no further. This candle can be customized by adding in your favourite essential oil, then light and enjoy its gorgeous glow.
What you need
- vegetable shortening
- glass measuring cup
- cotton yarn
- essential oil
- matchbox and scissors
What you do
- Measure the yarn so it’s twice the height of the teacup. Snip with your scissors.
- Tie the nuts on to either end of the string.
- Spoon the vegetable shortening into a measuring cup.
- Melt in the microwave.
- Fill the teacups with the melted shortening.
- Add in a couple of drops of essential oil, if you’d like.
- Place the wick into the teacup and wrap yarn around the pencil, leaving it to set. Wait until it cools, then snip off the excess yarn.