Packing for a trip can be overwhelming, especially when it comes to beauty! Whether you’re trying to squeeze all your liquids into tiny bottles, or stressing about your bags being too heavy, it’s definitely not easy to figure out what to bring, and how much of it!
Model and beauty expert Monika Schnarre highlights her top travel friendly beauty products.
- WHY WE LOVE IT: This is an award-winning foundation that delivers medium-to-full coverage that looks like skin and not makeup! It’s great for all skin types, especially dry skin and it comes in a convenient swivel-up stick for on-the-go application, so no worrying about liquid. Available in 31 skin tone correct shades.
- WHY WE LOVE IT: This multi-use stick, available at The Detox Market, gives you a gorgeous sun-kissed glow. Use it on your cheeks, eyes and lips . It’s non-creasing and non-comedogenic, meaning you won’t break out from it and it applies easily, in just seconds. The creamy formula has a satiny smooth, weightless texture and is free from all harsh, artificial chemicals and petroleum.
- WHY WE LOVE IT: Pencils are the way to go for travelling! This Nudestix Brow Pencil & Gel duo is waterproof, has a strong gel hold and it has a triangle tip for precise application. It’s long lasting, so you only have to apply this once a day.
- WHY WE LOVE IT: These makeup remover pads from Marcelle feature a travel-friendly container that makes them super easy to have on the go. The pads are exceptional – oil-free, thick and ultra-gentle; no rinsing required; and they even remove tough eye makeup and stains.
- WHY WE LOVE IT: This hydrating mist from Grown Alchemist is great for use on the plane. It offers extreme hydration while you’re on the go, and contains true anti-aging ingredients that penetrate the skin including potent peptides, hyaluronic acid and antioxidants. You can apply this under or over your makeup. You don’t get the anti-aging benefits if you apply over your makeup, however, your skin will still feel hydrated!
DIY Solid Perfume
Easily create your own signature scent, and ditch your perfume for a more natural and more travel-friendly companion. Essential oils are lovely, but they don’t travel well, which is why we’re going to incorporate them into a solid perfume. This process takes only 4 minutes and you can have your favourite scent to go!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 tablespoons beeswax
- 2 tablespoons fractionated coconut oil
- 20 drops of your favorite essential oil or blend
- Container such as Penny Lane Organics Lip Balm Tubes
WHAT YOU DO:
- Add beeswax and fractionated coconut oil to glass jar.
- Place jar in saucepan with 1 – 1 ½ inches of boiling water.
- Stir ingredients until combined (about 5 – 10 minutes).
- Once melted, remove from heat and let rest for 3 minutes.
- Add essential oil and stir.
- Pour into containers.
- To use, apply small amount to skin.
- WHY WE LOVE IT: Mineral sunscreens are great for people with sensitive skin like this mineral stick from Beautycounter. This lightweight, water-resistant sunscreen stick uses non-nano zinc oxide, and doesn’t contain neurotoxic preservatives or serious allergens. This sunscreen also does not contain octinoxate & oxybenzone, ingredients known to contribute to the collapse of coral reefs around the world - making our sunscreens safer for both people, and our oceans.
- WHY WE LOVE IT: When you’re travelling, you don’t always have time to wash your hair, and dry shampoo is a really wonderful way to extend the life of your blowout or hairstyle. The Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo is available in 2 tones – light and dark. It contains ultra-fine, oil-absorbing rice starch that removes buildup and odor, leaving hair instantly clean and refreshed. It’s UV-protecting, argan oil-infused formula breaks down instantly, so there's no leaving no dull residue. Your hair is left looking and smelling clean!