Vadouvan Warm Potato Salad
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 lbs new potatoes, cleaned and scrubbed
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- Kosher salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced and celery leaves
- 2 TBSP chives, roughly chopped
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, thinly sliced (use a mandolin if you have one)
- 2 TBSP ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground fennel
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp brown mustard seeds, toasted
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 3/4 cup crème fraiche
WHAT YOU DO:
- To a medium pot add oil, shallots, garlic and ginger. Cook for 45 minutes, stirring often to prevent burning, let cool. Transfer to a bowl and mix in spices and crème fraîche.
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Add potatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper to a large mixing bowl and toss. Grill on the BBQ for about 15 minutes, turning every few minutes. Remove and add to a large bowl.
- Toss potatoes with celery, dressing and garnish with chives.