Vampire Slayer Pizza
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 ball pizza dough
- 1 cup White Sauce
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 ounces Brie, sliced
For the garnishes
- 11 cloves of Garlic Confit
- Handful of baby arugula
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
WHAT YOU DO:
- Place a pizza stone on the top shelf of the oven and preheat to 550 F or the highest setting. Let the stone heat for an additional 30 minutes after the oven has reached its set temperature. (If you don’t have a pizza stone, you can use a rimless baking sheet.)
- Generously flour a pizza peel or rimless baking sheet. Transfer the stretched dough to the peel or tray and give it a shake to ensure the dough is not sticking to it. Evenly spread the White Sauce over the pizza dough, stopping about 1inch from the edge. Scatter the mozzarella evenly over the sauce, then top with the Brie slices.
- To transfer the pizza to the stone, place the peel over the stone and quickly pull the peel back towards you. (Or lift out the hot baking sheet, slide the pizza on to it, and return to the oven.) Bake for 9 minutes (or 11 minutes if baking on a baking sheet), or until the edges are slightly charred and crispy. Keep a close eye on it.
- Use the pizza peel to remove the pizza to a cutting board. Garnish with Garlic Confit, arugula, and lemon zest. Slice and serve immediately.
Recipe excerpted from Earth to Table Every Day cookbook