We’ve all seen The Simpsons episode where Homer thinks he’s accidentally ingested poisonous fugu (blowfish). That pretty much turned us off the stuff for life, but it seems like there are a lot of people out there who willingly ingest it.
And it doesn’t stop at fugu. Millions of people have no problem putting raw live octopus in their mouths, even though the very real danger of its tentacles suction-cupping themselves to the sides of your throat (and thus choking/suffocating you) is ever-present.
Even nutmeg, the seemingly innocuous spice, can kill you in large doses. Is nothing safe?
Watch the video above to see some food that could potentially put you six feet under.