- ¼ cup (60 mL) 10% half-and-half cream
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) sour cream
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1-½ cups (375 mL) diced celery
- 1 cup (250 mL) toasted walnuts, lightly crushed, divided
- 1 red delicious apple, cored, quartered and diced (skin on)
- 1-2/3 cups (400 mL) assorted berries (such as blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, or quartered strawberries, if large)
- Salt and black pepper
- 8 to 10 whole butter lettuce leaves
- 10 to 12 celery leaves
- In a large bowl, stir together cream, sour cream, yogurt, and lemon juice. Stir in celery, ¾ cup (175 mL) of the walnuts and apples. Gently fold in berries. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl or on a serving platter, arrange lettuce leaves and gently spoon salad on top. Garnish with remaining walnuts and celery leaves.
- Serves 6.
- For tender and sweeter celery, peel the back part of the celery rib with a vegetable peeler; this really changes the flavour and nature of celery!
- Celery leaves can be found in the heart of the celery.
Recipe courtesy Dairy Farmers of Canada