Whether it’s a special knife or a sturdy spatula, every cook has their favourite tool in the kitchen. But we’re willing to bet that gizmo’s days will be numbered once you’ve seen this easy project: etched wooden spoons. This personalized set of utensils can be used to stir, sauté and everything in between. And not only will they show off your signature style, they’ll give your kitchen a flavour all its own. It’s a win-win.
What you need
- wooden utensils (spoons, spatulas)
- wood burning tool
What you do
- Plug in the wood-burning tool and let it heat up.
- While the tool is getting nice and hot, decide what design you’ll create. Experiment with dots, stripes and shapes.
- Press down firmly with the tool to etch the design in to the wood. Hold the tool longer on the wood for bigger, darker or deeper marks.
- Once cool, you’re good to go. Now, get cooking!