White Chocolate Gingersnap Cookies
If you’re a semisweet chocolate lover, no worries — that works too!
Makes about 35 cookies
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup light (fancy) molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup chopped white chocolate
- Additional granulated sugar
WHAT YOU DO:
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, salt and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream sugar and butter until fluffy. Beat in egg, molasses and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir flour mixture into egg mixture until combined. Stir in chocolate.
- Using a level small ice cream scoop or tablespoon (15 mL), scoop up dough and roll into balls.
- Roll balls in sugar and place about 2 inches (5 cm) apart on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake, one sheet at a time, for about 12 minutes or until edges are set and center is soft.
- Let cool completely on pan on a wire rack.