This is perfect for a cold evening!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Pickled Cranberries
- 3 cups black grapes
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 24 green string beans
- ½ medium head purple cabbage
- 13 oz or 1 ring Turkey sausage ring
- 20 oz. fondue cheese blend
- 5 oz. Emmental cheese
- 3 oz. Shropshire blue cheese
- 1 large baguette
- Fresh thyme, for garnish
WHAT YOU DO:
- Make the pickled cranberries. Serve skewered onto wooden toothpicks.
- Prepare the other fruit and vegetables: Snip the grapes into clusters of 4 to 6. Cut the broccoli into bit-size pieces and blanch for about 2 minutes. If the string beans are fresh and young, serve them raw; otherwise, blanch them with the broccoli. Slice the cabbage into small wedges.
- Slice the sausage into bite-size pieces.
- Slice the entire baguette into bit-size cubes.
- When you’re ready to serve, melt all the cheese in a small pot over low heat, and avoid stirring. When the cheese is fully melted, pour it into a fondue pot and light the flame or tealight. Retain any excess cheese on the stove off the heat and repeat the process to replenish as the fondue pot depletes.
- Arrange all the other components around the fondue pot for easy dipping.