Fancy a night cap? Well, this coffee cocktail by East Thirty-Six‘s mixologist Julien Salomone is called a ‘Night Capp,’ but it is also ideal for your morning reads. It’s a robust brew with a lot of sensual flavours, like a silky-smooth and vanilla-infused bourbon. Don’t have vanilla-infused bourbon? Just split open a vanilla bean pod, and add it to a mason jar full of your favourite bourbon (Bulleit is a good mid-range option). Let it sit at least overnight, because the longer it sits, the deeper the flavour. Serves 1.
What you need
- 1 oz. coffee
- 1 oz. vanilla-infused bourbon
- 0.5 oz. macadamia nut syrup
- 1 prepared cappuccino
How it’s made
- Brew a cup of your favourite coffee, set aside.
- Prepare a cappucino, or have one ready from your favourite cafe.
- Mix coffee, vanilla-infused bourbon and macadamia nut syrup together.
- Pour mixture over cappuccino to create the layered effect and serve.