MAC’s Viva Glam lipstick will be celebrating its 25th year in 2019, but that doesn’t mean you should wait till January to run out and buy your favourite shade. With World AIDS Day happening tomorrow, now’s a better time than ever to help raise awareness, combat the HIV/AIDS epidemic and help improve the lives of those affected by the disease. Buying a MAC Viva Glam lipstick will do just that, with the brand donating 100 per cent of Viva Glam sales to HIV/AIDS initiatives. What does your hard earned $23 get, you ask? Well, a lot. According to a MAC press release, buying just one Viva Glam lipstick provides:
- 1 rapid oral HIV test
- 1 pair of school shoes for a child orphaned by AIDS
- 1 resident at an HIV/AIDS housing organization with a new job interview outfit
- 1 week of fresh fruit, vegetables and grocery essentials to a mother and child affected by HIV
- 2 nights in a clean, safe space for one resident living with HIV/AIDS
- 10 individually tailored, nutritious meals for a person affected by HIV/AIDS
- 14 tests for pregnant mothers
- 32 safer sex kits which include condoms, lubricant and instructions
- 200 new syringes, which are given to injection drug users in exchange for used needles to prevent HIV infection
- 254 condoms to prevent transmission of HIV
To date, the campaign has raised more than $490 million USD. That’s a whole lot of lip colour. And since Viva Glam comes in a variety of shades, they’ve got you covered. If you’re a red kinda gal, go with SIA’s version. Into muted pinks? Viva Glam III‘s the one. A little more neutral, you say? Try Viva Glam V.
View this post on Instagram
WHO IT’S FOR:
Anyone in the market for a new lipstick and who wants their money to go to a worthwhile cause.