If you’re one of those people who needs a caffeine infusion (stat!) to jump start your day, you’re not alone. But have you tried the latest creamy trend being mixed in to coffee cups? Barristas everywhere are skipping the cream in favour of – wait for it! – butter. Yes, butter. Known as a “bulletproof” coffee, this ultra-smooth blend is a mixture of freshly brewed coffee, butter, coconut oil and has die-hard coffee aficionados hooked.
What you need
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
What you do
- Pour one cup of freshly brewed coffee into food processor or blender.
- Add coconut oil, butter and vanilla and blend together well.
- Pour mixture in warmed mug and enjoy!