Zucchini Cheddar Muffins
This recipe is: egg-free, oat-free, peanut-free
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup milk (cow’s, soy or almond)
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp ground flax + 6 tbsp water
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
WHAT YOU DO:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make your flax egg by adding the ground flax seeds to water, stir and let sit for 10 minutes or more, while you prepare other ingredients.
- Shred carrot and zucchini and put in a thin dish towel. Twist and squeeze out all the extra water. (Save the water, it’s super healthy).
- Add the vegetables, cheese, milk, yogurt, olive oil and flax eggs to a bowl.
- Mix the flour and baking powder, then gradually mix into the wet ingredients. Stir gently until combined, do not over stir!
- Place the batter into 12 greased or lined muffin tins.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until cooked through. Remove from pan and let cool.